Buying a substandard property
If an order has been issued for a substandard property this information must be included on:
- all the advertising and signage used
- the Property Interest Report (PIR) that the owner or their real estate agent must give to any potential buyer.
The PIR will show:
- if a property has been issued with an order or notice under the Act
- the dates that apply to the order or notice
- any rent limits placed on the property as a result of substandard defects
- a list of the defects.
Orders may be registered on the Certificate of Title.
Where to get information
Potential purchasers can search the Register to find details of properties subject to an order or notice.
Any person can request and pay for more detailed information for a fee prescribed in the Housing Improvement (Fees) Regulations 2017.