Housing options for young people and students
If you are aged 25 or under you are considered to be a young person. There are services designed specifically for young people that you can use to help you find and keep appropriate accommodation.
If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, there are services that can help you. You can choose to use a general homelessness service or those designed specifically for young people.
If you are enrolled in tertiary education you may be able to access accommodation provided and managed by your university or college.
Most universities provide information and advice to help you find and secure accommodation:
- Adelaide University
- Flinders University
- University of South Australia
- South Australian Institute of Business and Technology
- TAFE SA.
Tenancy information in languages other than English has advice and information to help you understand your rights, and make good decisions about accommodation.
Public and community housing
If you are on a low income and unable to maintain other forms of accommodation you may be eligible to register for public or community housing.
Securing private rental
- Advice on how to find and secure a private rental property
- You may be eligible for help paying bond or rent from Housing SA.
- Private Rental Tenancies is held in Adelaide and is designed for first-time renters
- Helping young people achieve offers training and advice to young people looking for independent accommodation for the first time.
On this site
Leaving home - Bursting the Bubble