Public and community housing

Provide your income details via Centrelink

This is a free and voluntary service offered to Housing SA and community housing customers who receive an income from Centrelink. The service allows you and other household members to authorise Centrelink to provide relevant income details electronically to Housing SA or your Community Housing Provider.

This replaces the need for you to physically provide proof of your Centrelink income.

Housing income confirmation service

You can use this service if you:

  • are registering for public housing
  • are a tenant living in public or community housing.

Complete an Income Confirmation Service consent form and return it to Housing SA or your community housing provider.

Cancelling the service

This service will remain in place until you cancel it. Complete a withdrawal of consent form and return it to Housing SA or your community housing provider.

Private rental income confirmation service

Use this service if you are applying for help paying bond or rent from Housing SA.

You can apply for this service:

  • when you apply for help paying bond online using PR Connect
  • by completing a private rental Income confirmation service form, and returning it to Housing SA.

This service will only remain in place for 14 weeks while your application for help paying bond or rent is active.

Related information

Other websites

About the Centrelink confirmation service - Department of Human Services

For an alternative version of this document contact Housing SA.

Was this page useful?

We can't respond to any comment made here. If you need a response, please use our contact page.

Page last updated 30 November 2016

Provided by:
Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016