About the homelessness sector
People who are homeless or have high support needs require extra help to find the right housing solution that delivers stability, quality of life and a sense of security.
The Government partners with housing and homelessness sector agencies to provide supported accommodation services for:
- young people
- single adults
- those experiencing domestic violence.
There are some additional services for Aboriginal people.
Representatives from government, non-government and other specialist service providers meet regularly at regional round tables. The aim of the round tables is to:
- improve collaboration and ensure integrated services are provided to customers
- identify local homelessness issues to improve responses in each region to customers
- ensure client-focused service standards are in place
- provide leadership and direction to the evaluation processes
- reinforce a case management framework
- support service providers to comply with the standards and performance expected under their service agreements with Housing SA
Each round table develops a regional alliance plan to outline how it will reduce homelessness. These plans are linked to state-wide planning processes.
On this site
- Homelessness service providers directory
- Support options for victims of domestic violence
- Responding to child abuse