Apply for a Seniors Card
You're eligible for a Seniors Card if you meet the following three criteria:
- you're aged 60 years or older
- you're a permanent South Australian resident
- you're not working more than 20 hours per week in paid employment (part-time and casual employees may average their hours over a 12 month period).
There is no income or pension limit and the card is issued free of charge.
How to apply for a Seniors Card
To use the online application you need one of these browsers: Internet Explorer 10+, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome.
Print and complete the Seniors Card application form and post or fax:
PO Box 196
Rundle Mall SA 5000
Fax: 8204 2430
Application forms are also available from Australia Post outlets.
You must sign the form in front of someone who is over 18 years of age and not related to you. They must sight your birth certificate, driver's licence, passport or a similar document as proof of your date of birth.
You will receive your new card in approximately 2 weeks.
You will receive a copy of the Seniors Card Discount Directory, Your Lifestyle Guide with your card. In the meantime, visit the online version of the directory to find out about the discounts and benefits your Seniors Card entitles you to.
If you would like information about Seniors Card in another language, contact the Interpreting and Translating Centre on 8226 1990.
Seniors Card Unit
Phone: 1800 819 961 (free call)
Alternative versions of documents are available on request.
On this site
- Seniors Card concessions and benefits
- Frequently asked questions
- Concessions available for Seniors Card holders