Free energy training and education
Training, talks and presentations from the Energy Partners Program
The Energy Partners Program offers free training to staff and volunteers to help organisations support their clients.
Training, talks and presentations can be structured to suit your needs, whether it’s a 10 minute overview in a scheduled staff meeting, or multiple short training sessions delivered over a number of weeks. Topics can include:
- an overview of electricity and gas for consumers
- how you can help your clients with energy issues by directing them to services that can support them
- how to make energy bills more manageable
- assistance for people who have difficulty paying their energy bills
- how to improve home energy efficiency and reduce energy use
- how to use the Home Energy Toolkit.
Contact the Energy Partners Program for more information.
Utilities literacy training courses for community workers
Uniting Care Wesley Bowden delivers training courses to community workers and volunteers in metropolitan and regional South Australia.
The course covers a range of topics including:
- electricity, gas and water in South Australia
- reading and understanding meters and bills
- using energy and water efficiently at home
- how to choose an energy retailer and get a good deal
- concessions, complaints, disputes and hardship
- how to share these skills in your community.
For more information about training courses visit the Uniting Care Wesley Bowden website.