Hydraulic design submissions
Hydraulic designs for sanitary plumbing, drainage and water reticulation pipe work and equipment must be lodged with the Office of the Technical Regulator (OTR) for:
- all building developments within the Adelaide CBD
- commercial and industrial developments, including additions
- residential developments of three or more floor levels
- housing developments of three or more dwellings
- any building that includes an alternative performance based plumbing design
- non-drinking and drinking water for recreational and commercial/industrial sites
- trade waste installations
- residential sites (other than Class 1A) where non-drinking water is provided.
For developments of four or more levels, you also need to lodge schematic plumbing designs.
If you are unsure if you need to submit a plan, contact the OTR for help.
What to include
Hydraulic design plans need to include:
- pipe sizing, venting, gradients, fixture unit loadings, trade waste details, backflow prevention, and temperature control
- type of system (eg RVASS, fully vented modified etc), fixture unit loadings, and grades for individual stacks
- a legend explaining elements of the design.
Lodging the plan
- Fill in the Hydraulic design submission form
- Send the completed form, plans and any other relevant information to email@example.com (attachments must be smaller than 10 MB), or post to:
Office of the Technical Regulator – Plumbing
GPO Box 320,
Adelaide SA 5001.
If the hard copy of your plan is larger than A3 size, you must also send a digital copy.
There is no cost to lodge hydraulic design plans with the OTR.
Who else should be notified?
You may also need to notify:
- SA Water, if the design involves a new sewer or water connection, trade waste, or you are proposing to build over an SA Water asset or easement
- water entity, if not SA Water
- SA Health
- local council.
Please contact SA Water or the local council directly for more information.