A grant is a means of financial assistance given to an individual or organisation to help with things like:
- assistance in times of hardship
- study or career development
- developing community capacity
- implementing responses to identified needs
- developing or running a community program
- funding innovative ideas and initiatives.
Grants can be provided by federal, state and local governments, private businesses, trusts, foundations or philanthropic organisations.
- GRANTassist has information about government grants for communities, clubs and individuals
- Grants SA provides funding for community organisations to support local projects that strengthen communities.
A variety of grants are available through local councils. Contact them direct for more information.