Income limits for concessions

20 March to 19 September 2018

South Australians who can show that they are on a low income, self-employed or receiving workers compensation payments may be eligible for state government concessions on water and sewerage charges, and the Cost of Living Concession.

To be eligible, the applicant's income from all sources must not be more than the income limits shown below.

The applicant and their spouse or domestic partner must provide proof of their income - ie evidence from the Australian Taxation Office or copies of wage slips - showing the amount of income that they and their spouse or domestic partner received in the period for which the concession is sought.

A Tax Assessment Notice (TAN) must be provided for every new financial year to confirm eligibility for a concession.

Status Fortnightly income Annual income
Single $649.80 $16,894.80
Single with children $694.40 $18,054.40
Partnered $1,193.60 $31,033.60

Low Income Health Care Card

If you provide Centrelink with your income details you may be eligible for a Low Income Health Care Card, which is accepted for all concessions except transport.

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you need a response send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 22 March 2018

Provided by:
Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016