Other funding sources for disability service organisations
Organisations can apply for a range of funding available from both the state and Australian governments.
The links on this page will help you find grants for your organisation.
A grant is a means of financial assistance given to an individual or organisation to help with things like:
- assistance in times of hardship
- study or career development
- developing community capacity
- implementing responses to identified needs
- developing or running a community program
- funding innovative ideas and initiatives.
Grants can be provided by federal, state and local governments, private businesses, trusts, foundations or philanthropic organisations. Grant providers often use an application process where grant seekers fill in a form and attach documents to formally request a grant. Individuals and organisations that seek a grant are called applicants.
Find a grant
Search for grants using online databases, search engines or contacts to help you find out what grants are available. Some other good search sites include:
- GRANTassist - information about South Australian government grants for communities, clubs and individuals.
- GrantsSA - provides one-off funding to community organisations to support local projects that strengthen communities across South Australia.
- The Funding Centre - provides a comprehensive listing of grants from around Australia and internationally. For a small fee you can subscribe to get access to the Funding Centre newsletter and database, or you could ask your local library if they have a subscription you could use.
- South Australian local councils - a variety of grants are available through local councils. Contact them direct for more information.
- Grantfinder - this federal government directory has information on federal, state and local government funding.
Find a range of possible grants that you might be able to apply for. Download or request copies of the grant guidelines for each program. Think about whether the grant is trying to achieve the same purpose as you.
Tenders and contracts
Some kinds of government money is not considered a grant. To explore tenders and contracts, visit www.tenders.sa.gov.au.