Disability concessions and entitlements

Depending on the nature of your disability, you may be eligible for concessions or payments to help you with household and other expenses.


Use the Concessions Finder to find out the types of financial support available, how to apply and download application forms.

You may be eligible for concessions or discounts for:

  • council rates
  • emergency services levy
  • electricity and gas bill
  • water and sewerage rates
  • public transport
  • spectacles
  • funeral financial help.

Phone the Concessions Hotlineon 1800 307 758 or email concessions@sa.gov.au.

Concessions and health care cards are issued by the Australian Government Department of Human Services.


You may be eligible to receive payments such as:

  • Disability Support Pension
  • Mobility Allowance
  • Child Disability Assistance Payment
  • Youth Disability Supplement
  • Essential Medical Equipment Payment.

The Commonwealth payments finder will help you find out if you are eligible for support based on your personal circumstances.

Information on Australian Government programs, services and payments for people with disability and their carers is available through:

The Assistance for Isolated Children Scheme can help if you live too far from a primary or secondary school that is suitable for your child. You don't need to live in a country area to be eligible.

Assistance and concessions for Aboriginal people

Information about payments for Aboriginal people is available through the Australian Government Department of Human Services website.

You can access Centrelink's Indigenous Phone Services if you:

  • live in a rural or remote part of Australia
  • don't have direct access to other facilities.

Continence products

Some people with incontinence may be eligible for financial assistance for continence products through the Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS).


You may be eligible for compensation if your disability is the result of a car crash or accident. Contact the Law Society of South Australia and ask for advice about seeing a personal injury solicitor.

You may have to pay for some or all services you receive if you receive compensation.

Related information

On this site

Disability contacts and locations

Other websites

Postal concessions - Australia Post special delivery for people with a visual impairment

Was this page useful?

What did you like about it?
How can we make it better?
We can't respond to any comment made here. If you need a response, please use our contact page.
Do you have a minute to answer a couple of questions?

Page last updated 29 November 2016

Provided by:
Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016