Apply for disability services and support
Applicants for funded disability services and support undergo an assessment to determine their eligibility. Funded support is not means-tested.
Eligibility varies depending on age and individual needs.
You may be eligible if you have one or more of the following diagnoses:
- a physical disability or neurological condition
- an intellectual disability
- an autism spectrum disorder
- an acquired brain injury
and all of these apply to you:
- the disability makes it hard for you to undertake the regular activities of daily living
- the disability makes it hard for you to participate in the community or gain employment
- you are under 65 years when first referred.
Receiving a Commonwealth Disability Support Pension does not automatically mean you are eligible for disability support and services.
Adults and children born on or before 1 July 2000
To apply, contact the Disability Information Service.
1300 786 117
Children born on or after 2 July 2000
Apply through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Visit the NDIS website for more information about the scheme and how to become a participant.
Use the NDIS access checklist to see if you may be able to get assistance from NDIS.
- National Disability Insurance Agency - 1800 800 110
- TTY 1800 555 677, then ask for 1800 800 110
- Speak-and-Listen 1800 555 727, then ask for 1800 800 110
- Relay Service - ask for 1800 800 110