Apply for disability services and support
Applicants for funded disability services and support undergo an assessment to determine their eligibility. Funded support is not means tested.
Eligibility varies depending on age and individual needs.
You may be eligible if you have one or more of the following diagnoses:
- a physical disability or neurological condition
- an intellectual disability
- an autism spectrum disorder
- an acquired brain injury
and all of these apply to you:
- the disability makes it hard for you to undertake the regular activities of daily living
- the disability makes it hard for you to participate in the community or gain employment
- you are under 65 years when first referred.
Receiving a Commonwealth Disability Support Pension does not automatically mean you are eligible for disability support and services.
To apply, contact the Disability Information Service.
1300 786 117
Apply through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Visit the NDIS website for more information about the scheme and how to become a participant.
Use the NDIS access checklist to see if you may be able to get assistance from NDIS.
- National Disability Insurance Agency - 1800 800 110
- TTY 1800 555 677, then ask for 1800 800 110
- Speak-and-Listen 1800 555 727, then ask for 1800 800 110
- Relay Service - ask for 1800 800 110