Vary your gaming licence
You can apply to increase or decrease the number of gaming machine approvals at your venue.
If you want to increase the number of gaming machine approvals, Consumer and Business Services (CBS) will decide if you need to complete a Social Effect Inquiry (SEI) and report.
To help CBS determine if an SEI is needed, you must provide:
- a business plan which identifies the benefits and risks associated with the proposed increase in gaming machines
- confirmation that your venue mostly supplies and sells alcohol, and gambling is secondary, including specific examples
- the measures to be put in place to address or negate any increased impact of problem gambling, or any change to the social effect on the local community
- the measures to be put in place to manage minors on premises
- details of any consultation with the local community that has already taken place, including the nature of the consultation and any feedback.
You can apply to decrease the number of gaming machine approvals at your venue at any time.