Business licences

Shop trading licence - motor vehicle products

Licence name

Licence to sell motor spirit and lubricants for motor vehicles and other permitted goods.




Two years


This licence allows a business to sell and deliver motor spirit, lubricants and other permitted goods on any day after closing time, and on Sundays and public holidays, where the majority of sales are for motor spirit and lubricants.

This licence is required under Section 17 of the Shop Trading Hours Act 1977.

Apply for a licence

Apply for a licence on the SafeWork SA website.

Related information

Other websites

Was this page useful?

We can't respond to any comment made here. If you need a response, please use our contact page.

Page last updated 21 December 2016

Provided by:
Attorney-General's Department
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016