Land agent registration
A person or company must be registered as a land agent to carry on the business of:
- selling, purchasing, or otherwise dealing with land or businesses on behalf of others
- conducting negotiations for the sale or purchase of land or businesses on behalf of others
- selling land or businesses on your own behalf
- conducting negotiations for the sale of land or businesses on your own behalf.
Search for a licence holder – CBS public register
Who should apply
Any person or company intending to operate as a land agent or hold themselves out as a land agent, must first apply to be registered.
If your business is a partnership each of the partners must hold a registration.
Sales representatives and auctioneers must also be registered.
More about the role of land agents – CBS website
When registration is not needed
Registration is not necessary if you are involved in either:
- selling, purchasing or otherwise dealing with land or business - or conducting negotiations for that purchase - on behalf of others in the course of practice as a legal practitioner
- engaging in mortgage financing.
How to apply
1. Application form
- Online: complete the application form then print, sign and date it.
- Phone: 131 882 and staff will complete the form and forward it to you to check and sign.
- In person: Adelaide CBS Customer Service Centre, 91–97 Grenfell St Adelaide.
Lodge the signed application at a CBS customer service centre, along with the specified fees and any supporting documents indicated in your application.
Licences are ongoing but must be renewed annually.
If your licence has expired, you need to apply for a new one.
- Forms for occupational licences – real estate and land agents – Consumer and Business Services (CBS)
- Mutual recognition – CBS
- To check if a land agent is licensed