Occupations and trades

Conveyancer registration

If you wish to carry on business as a conveyancer you must be registered.

Who should apply

Anyone intending to carry on business as a conveyancer must first apply for registration.

You are considered to be carrying on business as a conveyancer if your business prepares conveyancing instruments for fee or reward.

If a business operates as a partnership, each partner must hold a registration.

Eligibility critieria – CBS website

When a licence is not required

You are not required to be registered as a conveyancer if you prepare conveyancing instruments for fee or reward while practising as a legal practitioner.

Before you start

You will need a national police certificate that is less than 12 months old for yourself and any partners.

How to apply

1. Application form

  • Online: complete the online form then print, sign and date it.
  • Phone: call 131 882 and have an application form created for you.
  • In person: at the Adelaide CBS customer service centre, 91–97 Grenfell Street to have an application form created for you.

2. Lodgement

Lodge the application with CBS, along with the specified fees and any supporting documentation indicated in your application.


Registration must be renewed annually.

Renew your registration online

If your licence has expired, you need to re-apply.

Related information

Other websites


Was this page useful?

We can't respond to any comment made here. If you need a response, please use our contact page.

Page last updated 21 December 2016

Provided by:
Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016