Contacting government

To contact a government department go to the government page for queries about government services or information.

Making a complaint about government

You can make a complaint if you think you have been unfairly treated by a government department or agency.

Most departments have a feedback form on their website. See the list of government departments for links to each one.

Include the following in your complaint:

  • your name and contact details
  • relevant dates, places and times
  • a description of the issue, incident or decision
  • details of any phone conversations, emails, meetings or other actions you've already taken to sort the problem out
  • any relevant documents
  • what action you think the department or agency should take.

If your complaint isn't resolved

If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, or the department or agency hasn't responded, you can complain to the SA Ombudsman.

Contact your local MP

Each Member of Parliament (MP) represents a geographic area of South Australia. MPs are elected for a three-year term and, when in parliament, take part in debate on proposed laws and public policy, representing the views of the people in their electorate. You are encouraged to contact your local member to express your views, ideas or complaints.

Find a member of parliament - Electoral Commission SA

Lobbyists in South Australia

A lobbyist is a person, company or organisation who works to influence government decision-making and activities such as:

  • making or changing laws
  • developing policies and programs
  • allocating funding.

Anyone undertaking lobbying activities with the South Australian government must be registered.

Participating in government consultations

All citizens are encouraged to voice their views and opinions about government decision making. Your active involvement will help shape public policy and contribute to better decisions and programs.

Current government consultations
Previous government consultations

Related information

On this site

Other government websites

Was this page useful?

What did you like about it?
How can we make it better?
We cannot respond to any comment made here. If you need a response, please use our contact page.

Page last updated 29 November 2016

Provided by:
Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016