You're eligible for a Seniors Card if you meet the following three criteria:
- you're aged 60 years or older
- you're a permanent South Australian resident
- you're not working more than 20 hours per week in paid employment (part-time and casual employees may average their hours over a 12 month period).
South Australian Seniors Card holders enjoy:
- free Adelaide Metro public transport between 9.01am - 3.00pm Monday to Friday
- free Adelaide Metro public transport on weekends and public holidays
- approximately 50% concession on State public transport services at other times
- concessional public transport in all Australian states/territories
- rebates on the Emergency Services Levy and council rates (conditions apply)
- discounts and benefits at hundreds of businesses around Australia (including retail, hospitality, leisure and commercial services).
There is no income or pension limit and the card is issued free of charge.
Application forms are also available from Australia Post outlets or by phoning (free call) 1800 819 961.
You must sign the form in front of someone who is over 18 years of age and not related to you. They must sight your birth certificate, driver’s licence, passport or a similar document as proof of your date of birth.
You will receive your card within two to three weeks.
You will receive a copy of the Seniors Card Discount Directory, Your Lifestyle Guide with your card. In the meantime, visit the online version here to find out about the discounts and benefits your Seniors Card entitles you to.
Seniors Card information is available in the following languages. If you would like information translated into another language, contact the Interpreting and Translating Centre on 8226 1990.
On this site
Concessions and benefits
Frequently asked questions
Concessions available for Seniors Card holders - Concessions Finder
Seniors Card fact sheet (PDF 1.67MB)
Interstate Seniors Card information - Seniors Card
Seniors Card Unit
Phone 1800 819 961 (free call)
Alternative versions of documents are available on request.