A short-term unregistered vehicle permit is available for a vehicle driven on the road for a special reason eg vehicle inspection, repairs, car event or rally.
How to apply
Complete an application for short-term unregistered vehicle permit and return it with the fee to a Service SA customer service centre.
You will need the following information:
- number plate
- vehicle identification number (VIN) or engine number
- type and make of vehicle
- reason for the permit
- the route and specific time to be driven.
- The permit must be attached to the windscreen of your vehicle, or if the vehicle does not have a windscreen, the permit must be carried with you while driving the vehicle.
- Permits are usually only issued for as long as necessary - eg. one day for a vehicle inspection, but may be granted for a maximum of three days.
- Permits are issued subject to restrictions which are determined upon application - eg vehicle to travel from Noarlunga to Happy Valley using major roads only.
- No refund is paid if a permit is cancelled.
For more information phone 13 10 84 or go to a Service SA customer service centre.