The School Card scheme has different forms for students and families depending on their financial circumstances. You are only required to complete one of them.
In most cases you will need to show evidence to support your application – see the relevant form for details.
Once you find a form that matches your circumstances check the information on the back page to be sure you meet the eligibility criteria.
On this page:Family receives Centrelink benefits and has a child born after 1 July 1996 Hardship due to change of circumstances or self-employment Dependant(s) living at home and receiving youth allowance or disability supportFoster parents and guardians Migrants and new arrivals Adult re-entry studentsVeterans Students living away from home and receiving youth allowance or disability support Reassessment formGetting help
Family receives Centrelink benefits and has a child born after 1 July 1996
Form A: family receives Centrelink benefits and has a child born after 1 July 1996
This form is suitable for most low-income students and families. Use this form if:
- your combined gross income is within the income limit
- your combined gross income is generated solely from a salary or Centrelink benefits
- neither parent is self-employed
- the child was born after 1 July 1996.
Hardship, change of circumstances or self-employment
Form B: Hardship/change of circumstances or self-employment (PDF 141KB)
This form is for people who:
- have a gross income above the School Card limit but have experienced hardship due to extraordinary or unavoidable expenses - eg medical or funeral costs
- experienced a significant change of financial circumstances from the 1 July last year to until end of February this year (eg. unemployment)
- are self-employed and the family gross income is within the income limit.
Dependant living at home and receiving youth allowance or disability support
Form D: Dependant living at home receiving youth allowance or disability support (PDF 133KB)
This form is for applicants with one or more dependent/s who:
- receive the youth allowance or a disability support pension
- are living at home
- were born before July 1996
Foster parents and guardians
Form F: Foster parents and guardians
This form is for:
- foster parents who are the guardians of one or more students
- grandparents who are the guardians of their grandchildren.
Migrants and new arrivals
Form M: Migrants and new arrivals
This form is for:
- newly arrived migrants who arrived in Australia after 1 July 2011
- applicants who have exited a detention centre after 1 July 2011
- families combined gross income is within the income limit.
Adult re-entry students
Form S: Adult re-entry students on low income
This form is for adult re-entry students:
- undertaking only DECD funded subjects
- has a combined family gross income is within the income limit.
Form V: Veterans (Word 117KB)
Complete this form if you or your partner:
- receive a benefit from the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- have a total gross income within the income limit.
Students living away from home and receiving youth allowance or disability support
Form Y: Students living away from home and receiving youth allowance or disability support
This form is for students who at the end of February this year:
- are living away from their parents
- have a total gross income within the School Card limit
- are receiving the Independent Youth Allowance or Independent Disability Support Pension.
Do not complete unless you have already applied for School Card this year, your application was not accepted and you wish to appeal the decision.
Re-assessment form: Re-applying when a previous application was refused
Applicants need to:
- provide a copy of their previous year's individual tax return
- read the re-assessment form for a full explanation of the application criteria.
For more information or assistance with completing the form talk to your school or phone freecall 1800 672 758.
[top of page]
On this site
School Card scheme
Financial help, scholarships and grants
Students or trainees - Centrelink
Payments and services - Human Services
Education and training grants - GrantsLINK
Youth and students' payments and allowances - Australian Government
School card information for schools - Education Department
School Card section on 1800 672 758 (freecall)